Studies have shown that most buyers make a decision about a house within 15 seconds of walking in the door.
The Home Coach can help you put together a look that works for your lifestyle, budget, and timeline. With every new listing we provide a FREE 1 hour consultation with our Interior Designer. She will walk through your home and after discussing how best to help improve the appearance of will then produce a detailed summary that will be sent to you and our team. We will then talk about how to achieve those goals, whether you decide to do them yourself, hire the designer to help or elect not to do anything the choice is always yours. The Home Coach is here to provide you with strategies that fit your families needs.
Dressing a House for Success – STAGING A HOME
Home staging is about illusions. It’s beyond decorating and cleaning. It’s about perfecting the art of creating moods. Staging makes your house look bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer, more loving and, best of all, it makes home buyers want to buy it.
Contrary to what you might think, it’s about more than preparing the house for sale. Staging is what you do after you’ve cleaned, decluttered, painted, made minor repairs; it’s all about dressing the house for sale.
It’s about adding the small details: the lipstick, mascara and, for simplicity, a stunning, single strand of Tahitian pearls.
What is a Professional Home Stager?
Professional stagers are highly skilled artists. They can take a blank canvas and paint a sensuous portrait without ever lifting a paint brush. Stagers possess the skills of a top-level designer and they create dramatic scenery that appeals to all five senses. Here are some of their secrets:
- Arrange sparse pieces of furniture in an appealing grouping known as a vignette
- Showcase a generous usage of soft fabrics such as silk, lambs wool, satin
- Display unusual knickknacks in units of 1, 3 or 5
- Drape window coverings with simple lines
- Add unique elements to shelving, bookcases and fireplace mantels, which draw attention to predetermined areas
What Accessories Does a Stager Use?
Stagers bring in a vast array of items to spruce up the house. Here is a small sampling of items professional stagers often use to dress each room. How they are utilized is limited only by the creativity and vision of the stager.
- Silk Flowers
- Floor & Table Lamps,
- Area and Throw Rugs
- Small Love Seats
- Inflatable Queen-Size Beds
- Plastic Tables & Chairs
Professional Staging Tricks & Tips
- Apply orange oil to cabinets that appear dry, which will renew their original luster
- Put out large bowls of fruit such as polished apples, bright oranges, luscious grapes
- Arrange colorful and fun cookbooks on the counters
- Towels, tied with ribbons
- Scented soaps
- Creamy lotions
- Moisturizing & Facial jars
Whether you want a romantic bedroom, a functional home office, or a guest room that even your mother-in-law would like, we can help.